Salary: £55,000 – £60,000
You are a strategic thinker, great manager and passionate candidate who will become our Transition Director and take the lead in shaping the future of the Somerleyton Trust.
The Somerleyton Trust is an exciting and pioneering response to London’s housing problems which will provide locally accountable, 100% rented housing in the heart of Brixton. The project will be home to over 1,000 people of mixed incomes, at truly affordable rent levels suited to incomes, as well as providing new space for local businesses to thrive.
The role is to ‘design’ and then implement a viable business plan for the Somerleyton Trust as a new community housing trust. It is expected that this is a 2-year process. The Transition Director will need to have vision, rigour and drive to establish the Trust as a well-governed and locally accountable landlord with responsibilities including:
- Establish the Trust’s legal foundations by completing the company’s constitution documents followed by incorporation.
- Manage the project brief, funds, stakeholders and local relationships to ensure the buildings are delivered in accordance with programme and to the agreed specification.
- Establish best practice for housing management and maintenance.
- Train new tenants in participation in their housing.
- Arrange new commercial lettings in accordance with the project vision.
- Manage the 304 homes and associated non-residential uses when construction is complete.
After the initial 2 year set up period there is the potential to continue as Director of the Somerleyton Trust.
The job advert can be found on our website: http://www.brixtongreen.org/job/.
Closing Date: 10 February 2017
Interviews: w/c 20 February 2017.
Start Date: ASAP.
We may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 paper) outlining how you meet the person specification which you can download from here http://www.brixtongreen.org/wp-content/uploads/Transition-Director-Job-Description-for-the-Somerleyton-Trust-and-Brixton-Green.pdf.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com with the subject: Transition Director application, and name.
To arrange a confidential chat, or if you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a voluntary organisation so can only reply to shortlisted applicants.