On May 10 delegates from across the country and from a variety of sectors came together for the 2011 CLT Annual Conference at the Savoy Place, London.
Brad Carroll (Director, Brixton Green) sat on the panel discussion “Not just a rural affair” alongside Dave Smith (East London CLT), Richard Tyler (Headingley Homes) and Sue Simmons (Habitat for Humanity)
Please see the presentations below:
- B5: Not just a rural affair – panel discussion - Brad Carroll, Director, Brixton Green.
- B5: Not just a rural affair – panel discussion - Richard Tyler, Headingley Homes Project Director.
- Pat Richie, Chief Executive of the HCA, announcing that £25m funding from the Affordable Homes Programme has been set aside for community-led housing schemes that demonstrate good value for money. This is a major win for the CLT Network! More information on this will be available shortly.
- Grant Shapps MP, in high video message to the conference, announcing that a guide to Community Right to Build will be published shortly.
- Peter Couchman, Chief Executive of Plunkett Foundation, reminding us that ‘It is the journey that matters, not just the bricks and mortar’.
- David Orr, Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation,
- giving an inspiring closing speech and reminding us that ‘All is the best in the best possible worlds for CLTs’ with a proof of concept, the financial mechanisms in place and a ripe political environment.