Job title: TRANSITION DIRECTOR
Working For: Brixton Green/ Somerleyton Trust
Salary: £55-60,000 pa, subject to experience.
The Somerleyton Trust is an exciting and pioneering response to London’s housing problems which will provide locally accountable, 100% rented housing in the heart of Brixton. The project will be home to over 1,000 people of mixed incomes, at truly affordable rent levels suited to incomes, as well as providing new space for local businesses to thrive.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker, great manager and passionate candidate to become our Transition Director who will take the lead in shaping the future of the Somerleyton Trust.
The role is to ‘design’ and then implement a viable business plan for the Somerleyton Trust as a new community housing trust. It is expected that this is a 2-year process. The Transition Director will need to have vision, rigour and drive to establish the Trust as a well-governed and locally accountable landlord with responsibilities including:
- Establish the Trust’s legal foundations by completing the company’s constitution documents followed by incorporation.
- Manage the project brief, funds, stakeholders and local relationships to ensure the buildings are delivered in accordance with programme and to the agreed specification.
- Establish best practice for housing management and maintenance.
- Train new tenants in participation in their housing.
- Arrange new commercial lettings in accordance with the project vision.
- Manage the 304 homes and associated non-residential uses when construction is complete.
After the initial 2 year set up period there is the potential to continue as Director of the Somerleyton Trust.
To be successful you will be motivated by having a vital role in establishing the Trust and driving it forward to become a successful locally accountable housing charity, and you will be excited about the prospect of successfully delivering a pioneering new blueprint for community-led housing delivery. You will combine business knowledge of housing delivery and management, superb communication and negotiation skills with a free thinking entrepreneurial spirit and a personal commitment to building mixed income sustainable communities. You will also have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a senior leadership role in the public, private or third sector and evidence of successful decision making within a fluid environment without pre-determined guidelines or established precedents.
- Experience in successfully attracting funding and grant aid from a wide range of sources
- Experience in managing funding and grants in accordance with the conditions of grant
- The ability to analyse highly complex information and develop strategic direction and translate this into achievable objectives and plans
- Excellent communication skills to quickly build relationships with multiple stakeholders and people
Closing Date – 10 February 2017
Interviews: w/c 20 February 2017
Start Date: asap.
We may appoint before the closing date.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 paper) outlining how you meet the person specification which you can download from here.Application form
Please email to email@example.com.
To arrange a confidential chat about the role, or if you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.